Thursday, December 29, 2011

Does Not Compute

The other day I was in the main office, overhearing a political discussion among a few coworkers. They were complaining about Obama, and how he was responsible for all the evils in the world, and how he would be passing even more harmful legislation. Yes, said one, from Nantucket or Hawaii, while on another vacation!

I jumped in: "Or while cutting brush!" Blank look. "He could do it while clearing brush," I repeated.

"What do you mean?" the fellow asked.

Another explained to him, "Bush cleared brush a lot while he was on vacation."

"I don't get it," the clearly puzzled man said. "What are you talking about?"

He absolutely could not fathom what I meant, because that was *Bush*, and therefore he was entitled to vacations. *Obama* was clearly abdicating his responsibilities. I doubt he was even thinking in any terms other than: if Obama does it, it's bad-- just check with Rush!

I didn't want to get into it; life's too short to argue with someone who's unpersuadable. Leave aside the comparison of time spent on vacation, how about a little memo entitled, "Bin Laden Determined To Strike In US"? All right, you've covered your ass, now.

No comments: